Why We Do Not Use Any Mercury "Silver"Filling
FACT: "Silver" or amalgam dental fillings contain from 48-55percent mercury, 33-35 percent silver, and various amounts of copper, tin, zinc, and other metals. Since mercury is the major component of the material, any representation of the material should include the word "mercury". Thus we refer to them as mercury dental fillings.
FACT: Mercury is a powerful poison. Published research has shown that mercury is more toxic than lead, cadmium, and even arsenic. Furthermore, there is no known toxic threshold for mercury vapor and world renowned mercury toxicologists have stated that no amount of exposure to mercury vapor can be considered totally harmless.
FACT: Scientific research has demonstrated that mercury, even in small amounts, can damage the brain, heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, thyroid gland, pituitary gland, adrenal gland, blood cells, enzymes and hormones, and suppress the body's immune system. Mercury has been shown to pass the placental membrane in pregnant women and cause permanent damage to the brain of the developing baby.
FACT: Mercury is continually released from mercury dental fillings in the form of mercury vapor and abraded particles. This process is stimulated and can be increased as much as 15- fold by chewing, brushing, hot liquids, etc. The World Health Organization recently concluded that the daily intake of mercury from amalgam dental fillings exceeded the combined daily intake of mercury derived from air, water and food (including fish).
FACT: The mercury vapor released from mercury dental fillings is absorbed very rapidly and thoroughly in your body, primarily by inhalation and swallowing.
FACT: In human autopsy studies, it has been found that there is a direct correlation between the amount of mercury found in the brain and the number and surfaces of mercury fillings in the teeth.
FACT: Mercury causes normal intestinal micro flora to become mercury resistant and antibiotic resistant. Mercury resistant bacteria causes mercury in the intestinal tract to be converted back into vapor and recycled back into the body. Antibiotic resistance is becoming a major medical concern.
FACT: Recent scientific research has shown high levels of mercury in the brains of individuals dead from Alzheimer's disease (AD). Other research is demonstrating mercury can cause similar pathological effects in the brain, as that seen in Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) and AD. Laboratory studies of spinal fluid from ALS and AD patient’s has confirmed that mercury inhibits key brain detoxification enzyme systems.
The American Dental Association and various agencies of the US government still support the use of amalgam dental fillings. They claim they are safe based on 150 years of use despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
Should you or your children have mercury fillings put in your teeth? That is a decision only you can make.
Exercise your right to freedom of choice and informed consent. If you wish more information on the subject, please ask us.
- Nutrition and Degenerative Dental Disease
- Why We do not use Mercury- Silver Fillings
- Choosing a Bio-Compatible Dental Restoration
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Orofacial Pain & Temporomandibular Disorders
- The Cranial Mechanism and Dentistry
- Dental Somatic Dysfunction & Dental Somatic Integration™
- Straight teeth and a beautiful smile are accessible to all at The Center for Holistic Dentistry
- Neuromuscular Dentistry and Beyond at the Center for Holistic Dentistry
- Tomographic Imaging For Precise TMJ & Orthodontic Diagnosis
- Root Canal Therapy - a Holistic view
- Applied Kinesiology; an indispensable tool in Holistic Dentistry
- The Dental Connection in Cardiac Pain and Arrhythmia
- Acupuncture Energetics in the Treatment of Temporomandibular Disorders
- Dental Distress Syndrome by Dr. Aelred Fonder
- General Guidelines for the Patient Undergoing Removal of Mercury-Amalgam Fillings
- The Dental Treatment of Snoring and Sleep Apnea