Biological General Dentistry
Our philosophy of health care for the mouth integrates knowledge from ageless traditions of natural healing with that of contemporary dental science and technology. This holistic approach to dental care is known as Biological Dentistry. At the core of this approach to dental care is the recognition of the mouth as a micro-environment of the body with the potential to reflect changes in the health of the whole person.
When dental well-being exists, the mouth is free of any source of systemic or dental stress.
Dental Stress Can be Caused By:
- Decaying teeth
- Infection of the teeth and gums
- Allergy or toxicity related to dental materials
- Electromagnetic fields created by reactive dental metals
- Discoloration / disfigurement of the teeth
- Imbalance of the bite or misalignment of the jaws
Regular checkups and oral health maintenance prevent the development of serious dental problems that can require costly treatment.
Procedures During an Exam
- A through health history
- Soft tissue and existing restoration examination
- Periodontal Examination
- A set of individual x-rays (Radiographs)
- A panoramic x-ray (if necessary)
- x-ray of the TM joints (if necessary)
- Mounted diagnostic models (if necessary)
- Testing of dental materials and current mouth conditions in relation to the body
"Dental wellness is a state in which the mouth and the rest of our being are in balance and harmony. The mouth is a micro-environment of the body with a profound potential to reflect and influence the health of our whole person. It is an essential and even wondrous part of our anatomy."
If any restorative or cosmetic dental work is needed we can provide a holistic approach to enhance your oral health and smile. We will then follow up on your oral health every six months during your hygienic visits for routine teeth cleaning.
- Biological General Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Bio-compatibility Screening of Materials Used
- Safe Removal of Mercury Amalgam Fillings
- Natural Integrative Therapy for Gum Disease and Tooth Decay
- TMJ Cranial Therapy
- Dental Somatic Integration™
- The Dental Treatment of Snoring and Sleep Apnea
- Dental Acupuncture
- Applied Kinesiology
- Dental Implants