Mercury-Free Dentistry

The Future of Dentistry is Mercury Free

Mercury is a known neurotoxin and is very poisonous and even deadly to the human body. Unfortunately, mercury has been a common ingredient in metal amalgam fillings and dental restorations for over 150 years. We have been practicing mercury-free dentistry since 1983. Over the years we have studied with the world’s leading experts to provide you with the best care possible.

Most recently our study has been with Thomas Rau, MD of the Paracelsus Clinic in Switzerland. He and many other leading integrative physicians recognize mercury from dental fillings as a major contributor to the body burden of heavy metals, a common denominator in the development of chronic degenerative disease.

Mercury amalgam fillings may fail due to wear, develop decay around them, or need to be removed due to the medical diagnosis of mercury toxicity. You may even choose to have yours removed because you are concerned about the risks of having them in your teeth, or you don’t like the way they look.

As a dentist, I do not diagnose mercury toxicity. The determination of mercury toxicity requires testing and diagnosis by a Medical Physician. If you do not have a physician knowledgeable in the diagnosis and treatment of heavy metal toxicity, we can refer you to one.

Mercury Toxicity Symptoms

  • Depression
  • Numbness and tingling of hands and feet
  • Fatigue
  • Digestive problems
  • Faulty memory
  • Constipation
  • Metallic taste
  • Changes in sleep habits
  • Tachycardia

Mercury-Safe Protocols

During the removal of mercury fillings, mercury is released as a vapor.  In order to protect you, as well as ourselves, during the process of mercury filling removal, we will be using specially developed protocols to minimize your risk of exposure.

These protocols were developed by the IAOMT. This is an international organization of dentists, physicians, and scientists dedicated to research and education about allergy and toxicity associated with commonly used dental materials. Mercury is one of them.

There are other metals which have commonly been used in crowns, such as palladium and nickel which are known to stress the immune system. Even titanium used in dental implants can trigger allergic responses in sensitive patients. For that reason we screen all materials we will use in your care to ensure they are safe for you.

We will offer you a mask to cover your nose to allow you to breathe oxygen instead of aerosol generated when the mercury fillings are removed. We will place a vinyl sheet (rubber dam) on the teeth we are treating to isolate them from the rest of your mouth to keep you from swallowing mercury filling dust.

A high-speed vacuum will be used to suction off debris generated by the old fillings, and another vacuum (IQ Air) will pull away the aerosol and mercury vapor generated as the fillings are removed. The IQ Air also filters the mercury and other toxins out of the air. Disposable surgical drapes will be placed over your body to avoid contamination of your skin and clothing.

When you are undergoing Mercury Amalgam filling removal please follow the guidelines given to you by our staff to prepare yourself for removal. You can view a copy here.

The Center For Holistic Dentistry

New Patients: (914) 214-4140
Existing Patients: (914) 245-4041

2649 Strang Blvd. Suite 201
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Get Directions

Monday: 9am - 6pm
Tuesday: 8am - 4pm
Wednesday: 8am - 4pm
Thursday: 8am - 4pm

After Hours?
Fill out this form and a member from our team will get back to you ASAP on the following business day!

Contact Us Online!

Do not include sensitive personal, financial, or other confidential information (social security, account number, login, passwords, etc.).

© 2017 David L. Lerner, DDS, PCPowered by ForeverSites™